Knee pain is considered as one of the most common complaints in the United States. It is a condition in which the patient experiences pain and discomfort in the knee joint.
What Are the Causes of Knee Pain?
The Knee is a complex and multifunctional joint; therefore, pain can be caused by a lot of problems. The most common causes are:
- Bad posture.
- Stand-alone injuries.
- Repetitive stress injuries.
- Chronic age-related conditions.
What are the Symptoms of Knee Pain?
Some of the common symptoms associated with knee pain include:
- Joint stiffness.
- Popping or cracking noises.
- Redness and swelling in the Knee.
- Difficulty in straightening or bending the Knee.
- Warmth in and around the Knee.
Knee Pain Treatments
There is a complete and reliable two-step treatment process to ensure a full-fledged recovery from knee pain.
An accurate diagnosis is a prerequisite for effective treatment. We conduct a thorough examination to diagnose the cause of your knee pain. You can expect the following steps before diagnosis:
- An exhaustive physical exam to check body reactions, location of pain, range of mobility, and muscle weakness, etc.
- MRI Scans.
- CT Imaging.
- Specialists consultations.
Depending on the diagnosis, we use a variety of treatments to cure knee pain. The most common procedures we offer are:
1. Non-Surgical Knee Pain Treatments
- Non-steroidal medication.
- Physical therapy.
- Chiropractic care.
- Medical massage.
2. Surgical Knee Pain Surgical Solutions
- ACL Reconstruction Knee Surgery.
- Arthroscopic Knee Surgery.
- Cartilage Restoration.
- Complex Knee Ligament Repair.
- Meniscus Repair Surgery.
- Quadriceps Tendon Repair Surgery.
Are you tired of the life dampening knee pain?
Schedule an online consultation with our pain management specialists and avail effective, reliable, and best pain management treatments in NJ.
What Are the Symptoms of Knee Pain?
Knee pain is often associated with some of the below-mentioned symptoms:
- Stiffness in the joints.
- Popping or cracking noise around the joint region.
- Redness and swelling around the affected area.
- Difficulty in extending or bending the Knee region.
How Do I Know If My Knee Pain Is Severe?
- Knee pain can get serious if you are suffering from the instability of the affected region.
- You should consult a specialist if you see marked inflammation around the knee area.
What Can Cause Knee Pain Without Injury?
Some of the most prevalent causes of knee pain to occur without an injury include:
- Knee Bursitis.
- Knee Tendonitis.
- Rheumatoid or Osteoarthritis of the Knee.
What Can I Do to Relieve Knee Pain?
Your specialist may ask you to adopt the following measures to relieve your knee pain:
- Take rest at regular intervals.
- Applying ice can reduce inflammation around the affected area.
- Wearing a compression bandage can reduce the pain.