Cervical Degenerative Joint Disease
Cervical Degenerative Joint Disease is one of the most common cause of cervical neck pain. It may cause debilitating pain & restrict neck mobility. For the most effective and reliable Neuro Spine Care in NJ, CMW is the answer.
Cervical Degenerative Joint Disease
Degenerative Joint Disease is one of the most common cause of cervical neck pain. The cervical facet joints, like other synovial joints of the body, are prone to wear and tear, deterioration, swelling, and arthritic changes. Tenderness and degenerative changes of the facet joints may cause pain, restricted mobility, and severe infringement or pinching of the nerve roots in the spinal column. Common causes of facet joint issues include the following:
- Inflammation, arthritic changes, degeneration, or common wear, and tear of the joint with aging.
- Disc degeneration may cause a loss of stature between the intervertebral disc placing a greater density on the posterior facet joints growing and accelerating wear and tear on these joints.
- Extension (backward) gesticulations can produce compression on the facet joints, which results in degenerative, and ultimate arthritic abnormalities.
- Unexpected fall or shock, trauma, like an automobile accident, can be a reason for facet joint irritation.
- Genetic factors can also be a cause of degenerative joint disease.
The symptoms of cervical degenerative joint disease will depend on the spinal condition, location of the joint, or at which part it is affected. Symptoms can differ from slight to severe can also be a cause of cervical disc problems like degenerative disc disease, which may be treated by spinal surgery and spinal fusion. Following are the symptoms which show degenerative joint disease issue
- Pain in the neck and spread over the shoulder blade and arm.
- Development of radiating pain and entrapment like symptoms.
- Inflammation and pain localized at the level of the involved facet joint.
- Muscle contraction and any kind of movement in response to the injury.
- Inability in movement or loss of motion
- Loss of the normal cervical curvature.
- Stiffness in the joints.
- Muscle Spasms.
- Pain with extra activity.
- Localized burning at the joint level may be present.
Treatment of cervical degenerative joint disease or disorder will depend on the seriousness of the illness and calls for the finest Neuro Spine Care. Board-certified neuro spine surgeons at Complete Medical Wellness (CMW), recommend a minimally invasive spine surgery if non-surgical treatment options do not reduce pain. The following are different treatments of Cervical Degenerative Joint Disease; the treatments depend on the severity of the disease.
- Prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce tenderness.
- Heat apply to reduce stiffness.
- A special exercise designed.
- A neck collar to reduce stress on the facet joints, muscles, and cervical spine.
- Ice in acute cases.
- Steroidal drugs.
- Facet joint injections.
- Cervical Fusion Surgery.
- Laser Spine Surgery.
- Physical Therapy.
Our board-certified neuro-spine surgeons will discuss your options with you and choose the one which is most effective for you.
At Complete Medical Wellness (CMW) we offer the finest and effective Neuro Spine Care in New Jersey and New York. We have conveniently located medical centers spread across New Jersey and New York.
We provide you VIP access to excellent, cost-efficient, coordinated cervical spine treatments in NJ. Our dedication to serving the people with the best minimally invasive spine surgery out spreads far beyond the care we provide within New Jersey.
CMW offers the most effective treatment for Cervical Degenerative Joint Disease in NJ.
Need help finding a doctor who gives you the best neuro spine care in New Jersey? Call us now and schedule your appointment today.