Cervical whiplash results when the smooth, soft tissues of your head and neck are suddenly extended beyond their normal range of motion. For effective Neuro Spine Care, CMW is the best option.
Cervical whiplash occurs when a person’s head moves backward and then moves forward suddenly under great force. This injury is most common after a rear-end car accident. It can also result from physical mistreatment, sports injuries, or amusement park ride accidents.
Cervical whiplash results when the smooth, soft tissues (the ligaments and the muscles) of your head and neck are suddenly extended beyond their normal range of motion. The symptoms might not manifest for a while, so it’s paramount to pay attention to any physical changes and discomforts for a few days following an accident.
In some cases, minimally invasive spine surgery is recommended. Complete Medical Wellness (CMW) houses the finest board-certified spine surgeons in NJ.
Cervical whiplash is understood as a relatively mild condition, but it can cause chronic neck pain and discomfort, leading to spinal conditions like degenerative disc disease, and complications like a pinched nerve. These complications require surgical treatment, including spinal fusion and laser spine surgery.
Causes of cervical whiplash may include:
- Automobile accidents.
- Physical mistreatment, such as being punched or shaken.
- Contact sports like football, boxing, and karate.
- Horseback riding accidents.
- Cycling accidents.
- Falls in which the head aggressively jerks backward.
- Blow to the head with a heavy object.
Symptoms of Cervical Whiplash
Symptoms of cervical whiplash usually start to appear within the first day following the accident. In some cases, symptoms manifest themselves after a few days; they can last for several weeks.
Common symptoms of whiplash include:
- Mild to severe neck pain and stiffness.
- Headaches, specifically at the base of the neck.
- Blurred vision.
- Constant exhaustion.
- Pain and discomfort spread to your shoulders or arms.
- Movement of the head is painful.
- Experience numbness or weakness in your arms.
- Recurring pain and stiffness in the neck.
- Severe neck pain.
- Pain, numbness, or tingling in your shoulders, arms, or legs.
- Any issues with your bladder or bowels.
- Localized weakness in an arm or leg.
Less common symptoms which are associated with chronic cervical whiplash include:
- Difficulties with attentiveness and memory.
- Ringing in the ears.
- Failure to sleep well.
- Irritable temperament.
- Chronic pain in the neck, shoulders, or head.
- Cervical whiplash may lead to a damaged cervical disc, spinal stenosis, and other spine conditions.
Treatments for Cervical Whiplash
Most mild to moderate circumstances of cervical whiplash can be treated at home using over-the-counter medications, ice, and other therapies. However, it’s better to seek professional help.
It is recommended to see a board-certified specialist, which will help reduce pain and discomfort and the need for spinal surgery. Complete Medical Wellness (CMW) houses fellowship-trained spine specialists who offer specialized treatment options
If there is a need for a surgical procedure, our competent spine surgeon performs the finest cervical spine surgery in NJ.
Our board-certified neuro-spine surgeons will discuss your options with you and choose the one which is most effective for you.
At Complete Medical Wellness (CMW), we offer the finest and effective Neuro Spine Care in New Jersey and New York. We have conveniently located medical centers spread across New Jersey and New York.
We provide you VIP access to excellent, cost-efficient, coordinated cervical spine treatments in NJ. Our dedication to serving the people with the best minimally invasive spine surgery out spreads far beyond the care we provide within New Jersey.
CMW offers the most effective treatment for Cervical Whiplash in NJ.
Need help finding a doctor who gives you the best neuro spine care in New Jersey? Call us now and schedule your appointment today.