TLIF – Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
About Minimally Invasive TLIF
Minimally Invasive TLIF or Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion surgery decompresses spinal nerves to provide pain relief to patients suffering from spondylolisthesis, degenerative disc disease, or nerve compression. TLIF surgery joins two vertebrae together in order to decompress nerve roots and create a stronger, more stable spine.
Who needs Minimally Invasive TILF
Patients who have the following symptoms are eligible for a Minimally Invasive TLIF procedure:
- The patient has been diagnosed with a herniated disc
- The patient has been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease
- Severe Neck Pain because of the diagnosis
- Severe Back Pain because of the diagnosis
- Numbness in leg and foot
- Nonsurgical treatments have failed
How is Minimally Invasive TILF Performed?
A minimally Invasive Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion TLIF is performed in four simple steps:
- The anesthesiologist administers general anesthesia
- A small incision is made on the anterior side. The surgeon inserts a small tube which rests on the spine. The rest of the operation is performed through the tube with the help of specialized instruments. Small incisions reduce the amount of blood loss and aids in quick patient recovery.
- The surgeon uses a bone graft or a bone graft substitute to fuse the vertebral bodies of the affected discs, pedicle screws and rods are used to strengthen the fusion and increase spine stability.
- The tools and tube are retracted, and the incision is closed with sutures. The patient is discharged day after the surgery and completely recovers within 2-4 weeks.
Complete Medical Wellness facility offers reliable, Neuro Spine treatments in NJ. We are acknowledged as the most diverse and trustworthy Neuro Spine center in New Jersey. Each of our surgeons is the most accomplished spine surgeon in NJ with a record of successful spine surgery in NJ.
CMW has a complete portfolio of proven minimally invasive treatments in NJ. Our state-of-the-art facility provides minimally invasive procedures such as laparoscopic surgery and robot-assisted surgery. Our facility is known for successful Lumbar Spine Surgery in NJ, along with TLIF treatments in NJ.