Thoracic Spinal Cord Stimulator
Unsuccessful thoracic spine procedures can cause chronic and unbearable pain. Thoracic Spinal Cord Stimulator is a superb cure. Stop living in pain and regain your Spine Health today at CMW.
Thoracic Spinal Cord Stimulator
Spinal cord stimulation is a well-established and effective pain management modality. The success of this procedure depends on proper patient selection and accurate lead placement. At Complete Medical Wellness Center, we offer the finest thoracic spine treatments in NJ and neighboring areas. We house the most competent spine surgeons and physical therapists who are board-certified and more than competent in dealing with spinal conditions.
Our specialists take pride in offering the finest thoracic spine surgery in NJ. Our doctors are experts in treating degenerative disc disease and herniated discs with the help of physical therapy and, if necessary, minimally invasive spine surgery or spinal fusion. Thoracic Spinal Cord Stimulation is a treatment modality in which the pain signals are masked before they get a chance to reach the brain. For this purpose, a small device, which is similar to a pacemaker, helps deliver electronic pulses to the spinal cord.
Thoracic Spinal Cord Stimulation helps people manage the following:
- Chronic leg or arm pain: continuous, persistent pain originated by arthritis, spinal stenosis, or by any nerve damage.
- Failed back surgery syndrome: Failure of one or more surgical procedures to relieve persistent arm or leg pain, but not a technical failure of the original procedure.
- Complex regional pain syndrome: a growing disease in which patients feel constant, chronic burning pain, typically in the foot or hand.
- Other: stump pain, angina, neck pain, peripheral vascular disease, multiple sclerosis, or spinal cord injury.
Who needs the Procedure
At Complete Medical Wellness Center, our neuro spine specialists team also contains one of the best spine surgeons in NJ. Our specialists perform a complete checkup on the patient and thoroughly study the patient’s physical condition, pain history, and medication regime. After the evaluation, specialists may suggest spinal surgery that includes placement of the stimulator.
The specialists also consider the previous procedures performed on the patient and determines the success rate of the laser spine surgery to place the stimulator.
As a patient, you may be the ideal candidate if:
- Conservative treatments have failed.
- You would not benefit from additional surgical procedures.
- The pain is caused by a correctable problem and should be fixed.
- You do not wish further surgery because of the risks involved or long recovery. Sometimes Spinal Cord Stimulator may be chosen over a large, complex spine surgery.
- You do not have untreated depression or any drug addiction; these problems should be treated prior to having a Spinal Cord Stimulator.
- You have no medical conditions that would stop you from undergoing implantation.
- You have passed a Spinal Cord Stimulator trial.
How is it Performed
The procedure usually takes 1 to 2 hours. You will lie on your belly on the table and be given light anesthesia. Next, the areas of your back and buttocks are prepped where the leads and generator are to be placed.
The electrode leads are gently inserted with the aid of fluoroscopy (a type of X-ray). A tiny skin incision is made in the middle of your back, exposing the bone. A portion of the bony arch is removed (laminotomy) to allow some room to place the leads. The leads are then positioned in the epidural space above the spinal cord and secured with sutures. The leads do not directly touch your spinal cord. Once the lead electrodes are in place, the wire is passed under the skin from the spine to the buttocks, where the generator will be implanted.
A tiny skin incision is made below the waistline. The surgeon creates a pocket for the generator beneath the skin. The lead wire is attached to the pulse generator. The generator is then correctly positioned within the skin pocket. The incisions are closed with special dissolving sutures and skin glue.
Our board-certified neuro-spine surgeons will discuss your options with you and choose the one which is most effective for you. At Complete Medical Wellness (CMW), we offer the finest and effective Neuro Spine Care in New Jersey and New York. We have conveniently located medical centers spread across New Jersey and New York.
We provide you VIP access to excellent, cost-efficient, coordinated thoracic spine treatments in NJ. Our dedication to serving the people with the best minimally invasive spine surgery out spreads far beyond the care we provide within New Jersey. CMW offers the most effective Thoracic Spinal Cord Stimulator treatments in NJ.
Need help finding a doctor who gives you the best neuro spine care in New Jersey? Call us now and schedule your appointment today.