Looking For Best Comprehensive Orthopedic Care And Surgical Treatments?
Complete Medical Wellness Orthopedic Department strives to offer you all-encompassing orthopedic care and treatment of pain, injury, and trauma to the spine, knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, foot, ankle and hip.
We specialize in best comprehensive orthopedic care for all acute, chronic, sports injuries, accident, and trauma-related conditions with the most innovative non-surgical and surgical treatments within state-of-the-art facilities throughout New Jersey and New York.
Take The First Step Toward Getting Back Your Life in its Full Potential. Call Us Today!
Dr. Vishal A Mehta, DO
Dr. Vishal Mehta is a sports medicine fellowship-trained board-certified orthopedic surgeon. His specific physician specialty is in sports medicine, robotic surgery, orthopaedic surgery and arthroscopy of the hip, shoulder, and knee. He is considered as one of the most reputable and expert orthopedic surgeons and is a published author of orthopedic articles.
Dr. Mehta received his medical degree at Northwell Hofstra University Hospital in Plainview, New York. He then continued training in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy at MedStar Union Memorial Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland. There he was part of the medical teams for the NFL Baltimore Ravens, and Towson University Division 1 College Football.
Dr. Mehta also participated in team coverage for Loyola College, and local high school football. While rotating through Washington Hospital Center in Washington D.C., he assisted the head team physicians in the orthopedic care for the NBA Washington Wizards. He also headed the 2018 Stanley Cup Champion NHL Washington Capitals.
Dr. Mehta taught orthopedic residents and medical students during his fellowship as well. As a former athlete, Dr. Mehta understands the psychology of injuries. He stresses on the importance of injury prevention and regularly performs joint repair surgeries. His goal is to restore patients to their pre-injury health condition through best orthopedic treatments.
- MEDSTAR UNION MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Aug 2017 – July 2018)
Orthopedic Surgery Sports Medicine Fellowship Baltimore, Maryland
- HOFSTRA NORTHWELL SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (July 2012 – June 2017)
ACGME Accredited Orthopedic Surgery Residency Plainview, New York
- COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE (July 2008 – June 2012)
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Old Westbury, New York
- NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (Aug 2005 – June 2008)
Bachelor of Life Sciences, Magna Cum Laude 7-year Accelerated Medical Program Old Westbury, New York
- St. John’s Riverside Hospital – Andrus Pavilion – Medical Staff Sept 2018 – Ongoing
- St. John’s Riverside Hospital – Dobbs Ferry – Medical Staff Sept 2018 – Ongoing
- St. Joseph’s Medical Center – Clinical Assistant Attending Aug 2018 – Ongoing
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- New Jersey State Medical License Active
- New York State Medical License Active
- Basic Life Support June 2016
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support June 2016
- Advanced Trauma Life Support June 2015
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- New York State Osteopathic Medical Society
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
MEDICAL TEAM COVERAGE / VOLUNTEER SERVICE
- Sacred Heart High School Team Physician (Sept 2018 – Ongoing)
- Washington Wizards – NBA Game Coverage (Aug 2017 – Mar 2018)
- Baltimore Ravens – NFL Game Coverage (Aug 2017 – Mar 2018)
- Towson University – College Football Division I Team Physician (Aug 2017 – Mar 2018)
- New York Lizards, Major League Lacrosse (June 2015 – June 2017)
- North Shore/New Hyde Park School District, JV/Varsity Football (Sept 2015 – Nov 2017)
- USMMA Athletic Team Physical Exams / Wrestling Team Coverage (May 2014 – June 2016)
- Nanavati Hospital (Mumbai, India) Surgical skills and didactics (July 2012 – Ongoing)
- Triple Certification – Hip/Knee/Uni Arthroplasty Course (Jan 2018)
- Stryker Hip Arthroscopy Course for Fellows (July 2018)
- AOSSM Orthopedic Sports Medicine Fellows Course (July 2017)
- MIPO Nailing Course – Stryker, Orlando, FL (Apr 2017)
- Glenoid Exposure and Reverse Total Shoulder Course, New York, NY (Nov 2015)
- Exactech Shoulder Fellows Course, New York, NY (Sept 2015)
- AAOS Fundamentals of Hip and Knee Arthroplasty, Baltimore, MD (June 2015)
- AAOS Fundamentals of Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopy, Rosemont, IL (Sept 2014)
- MEDSTAR UNION MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Aug 2017 – July 2018)
- Student Government Association, 2nd Vice President – Admin. NYCOM (June 2010-June 2011)
- Chairperson Student Affairs Committee – NYCOM (June 2010-June 2011)
- Editor and Chief NYCOM Pulse student newspaper (June 2010-June 2011)
ACADEMIC AWARDS / RESEARCH
- Chief Orthopaedic Resident, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program (July 2016 – June 2017)
- Northwell Heatlh System President’s Award – Teamwork Category (June 2015)
- Abstract Accepted: Mehta, V. The Effect of Weight Bearing versus Supine A/P Pelvis Radiographs when considering Hip surgery in an Active Adult Patient.
- Abstract Accepted: Bodendorfer, B., Mehta, V. Use of Regional Anesthesia in Hip Arthroscopy.
- Abstract Accepted: Zade, R., Mehta, V. Dreese, J. Biomechanical Effects of Nonanatomic Repair Of The Posterior Root Of The Lateral Meniscus
- Gurtowski J, Bitterman A, Karim F, Mehta, V. Multidisiplinary Approach to Reduce Blood Utilization with the use of Tranexamic Acid in Orthopedic Procedures at Huntington Hospital.
- Mehta V, Lee F, Patel M and Katsigiorgis G. Case Report: Bilateral Anterior Glenohumeral Dislocations. Austin Orthop. 2016 1(1): 1001
- Saghyan, A., LaTorre, G. N., Keesey, R., Sharma, A., Mehta, V., Rudenko, V., Hallas, B. H., Rafiuddin, A., Goldstein, B. and Friedman, L. K. (2010), Glutamatergic and morphological alterations associated with early life seizure-induced preconditioning in young rats. European Journal of Neuroscience, 32: 1897–1911. doi: 10.1111/j.1460-9568.2010.07464.x
Dr. Paul S. Ragusa, DO
Dr. Paul S Ragusa is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in shoulder and elbow reconstruction and sports medicine. He graduated summa cum laude from Manhattan College in Riverdale, NY. Additionally, he completed his medical education at the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. There he was elected to the National Osteopathic Scholastic Honor Society.
He completed his orthopedic residency training at Hofstra Northwell Medical School in Long Island, NY. He pursued advanced education and training in shoulder and elbow surgery at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
Dr. Ragusa was trained in the most advanced orthopedic surgical techniques. Including minimally invasive procedures and innovative approaches to surgical treatments of shoulder and elbow deformity, trauma, sports injuries, and degenerative conditions. He treats athletes and individuals needing orthopedic treatments. His passion and focus are on tissue conservation, anatomic restoration and healing, and minimally invasive orthopedic surgery.
All of the patients that Dr. Ragusa treats first undergo a thorough evaluation, and managed care through non-operative interventions. Such as physical therapy, cortisone injections, and pain management. For the patients that do require surgery, Dr. Ragusa gives sound medical advice and if needed performs a full spectrum of surgical procedures that range from arthroscopic surgery to complex revision arthroplasty reconstructions.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Baltimore, Maryland)
- Orthopedic Surgery Shoulder and Elbow Surgery Fellowship
- HOFSTRA NORTHWELL SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Plainview, New York)
- ACGME/AOA Accredited Orthopedic Surgery Residency
- NEW YORK COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE (Old Westbury, New York)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, with Honors
- MANHATTAN COLLEGE (Riverdale, New York)
- Bachelor of Science, Summa Cum Laude
- Sigma Sigma Phi, Honorary Osteopathic Community Service Fraternity
- Psi Sigma Alpha, National Osteopathic Scholastic Honor Society
- Epsilon Sigma Pi, Scholastic Honor Society at Manhattan College
- Phi Epsilon Kappa, National Health Science Honor Society
- Gamma Sigma Epsilon, National Chemistry Honor Society
- John S. Sich Medal for Outstanding Senior in the Dept. of Human Performance
- Ragusa P, Hill R. The role of the elastic fiber system in the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis and knee joint laxity. Anatomical Science International. 2011;86(4):219-24.
- Ragusa P, Bitterman A, Auerbach B, Healy W. The effectiveness of surgical safety checklists in preventing wrong-site surgery and improving patient safety: a review of the literature and our institution’s approach. Orthopedics. 2016 Mar-Apr;39(2):e307-10.
- Ragusa P, Sorrentino G, Marino J, Scuderi G. Regional distribution of the saphenous nerve below the adductor canal: an anatomical study. 2018. J Anesth Pain Med. 3(1)
- Ragusa P, Vadhera A, Jang J, Ali I, McFarland G, Srikumaran U. Incidence, treatment, and outcomes of periprosthetic humeral shaft fractures after reverse total shoulder arthroplasty. 2018. [Submitted for Publication]
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
Dr. J Adrian Wright
Dr. J Adrian Wright is an exceptional physician and researcher. He is a compassionate and caring person at heart. He has many years of valuable experience working with pediatric patients, however, he currently accepts both pediatric and adult patients under his care.
Dr. J Adrian Wright has published many reputable medical journals and research papers during his career, most notably during his time at the University of Oxford the authored two papers: one detailing the nuances in the non-monotonic linearity of science, and the second addressing the effects of molecular clock theory on modern concepts of stratocladistics.
Dr. J Adrian Wright has contributed a lot in the field of medicine during his time at Harvard as he became more involved with quality matric studies and rapid improvement events at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates. During this time, he served on the roster review team to pioneer many parts of the process that led to the development of control measures in the Epic system of Reporting Work Bench. These initiatives lead to the publication of his thesis, and book, on the roster review as an efficacious means of chronic disease management care.
Dr. Wright, although involved in various research initiatives, is still actively engaged in the management and care of his patients.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science from Lynchburg College.
- Awarded the Vanauken Fellowship Award in 2006.
- Masters in Science in Molecular Biology from Harvard University.
- Received American Medical Writers’ Association Award for his work.
- Completed his internship and residency at Lenox Hill Hospital, New York.
- Editor-in-Chief of PMR and committee member of the Harvard Book Award Scholarship Committee.
- Holds the only FDA approved pediatric CT imaging in the northeast.
Dr. John P Handago, MD
Dr. John P Handago is a fellowship trained board-certified orthopedic surgeon. He specializes in the treatment of the musculoskeletal system, such as the muscles, bones and joints, ligaments, joint replacement, and tendons.
He graduated from the Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Mexico and continued his clinical clerkship from St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, Paterson New Jersey Fifth Chanel Program.
As one of the best orthopedic surgery specialists, Dr. John Handago MD has helped several of his patients in the New Jersey and New York to find lasting relief from chronic and acute orthopedic conditions. Resulting in becoming a widely renowned orthopedic specialist in his field among patients and medical colleagues.
He firmly believes in the importance of assessing every part of a patient’s condition. From traditional signs such as swelling and pain to more complex indications of injury-related traumas.
His physical therapy programs and comprehensive approach to diagnosis, allows Dr. Handago to identify original structural roots of common orthopedic conditions. And plan a course of treatment options to address them and provide sound medical advice. He ensures that his patients enjoy complete orthopedic care and full recovery.
Dr. Handago is the member of the American Medical Association and New York State of Orthopedic Society. He is also part of the American College of Sports Medicine and American Academy of Neurological and Orthopedic Doctors.
- Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ (09/67/05-71) Bachelors of Engineering
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan (09/71-01/72) Ph.D Candidate in restorative Dental materials.
- Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Mexico (07/72-06/76) Physician and Surgeon.
- St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, Paterson, New Jersey Fifth Chanel Program (09/76-06/77)
What Patients Say About Us
A huge thank you to Complete Medical Wellness for diagnosing and treating an old shoulder injury. With Their expertise, I was finally able to exercise and play sports again without any pain. Highly recommended!
I recently had a foot surgery at Complete Medical Wellness. The staff was very helpful and caring. Thank you all for your great care!