What is Nerve Release?
A nerve release is a surgical procedure which is used to treat compressed nerves in the human body. Nerves may become compressed because of an injury, non-congenital or congenital medical conditions such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome. Some common nerve procedures are:
- Ulnar Nerve Release Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery
- Tarsal Tunnel Release Surgery
- Suprascapular Nerve Release Surgery
Who Needs Ulnar Nerve Release?
Nerve Release surgical procedures are recommended to patients:
- Diagnosed with a compressed nerve problem such as Cubital Tunnel Syndrome.
- Are experiencing symptoms of nerve compression like pain, numbness, muscle cramps, and arm-fatigue
- Non-invasive treatments have failed to treat the condition
- Symptoms are worsening despite the use of continual use of non-invasive treatment
Nerve damage is a critical health issue. Compressed nerves can damage adjoining muscles, and in some cases, it even threatens paralysis. It should be treated immediately.
How is Nerve Release Performed?
Nerve Release surgeries can be performed as:
- Open Nerve Release Surgery
- Endoscopic/Arthroscopic Nerve Release Surgery
Open Nerve Release surgery is the conventional method; it is performed by making an incision and cutting through the ligament to free the trapped nerve. In case of Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery, the incision is made on the wrist; in case of Ulnar Nerve Release Surgery, the incision is 3 is made at the edge of the elbow; and in case of Tarsal Tunnel Release Surgery the incision is made behind the ankles down to the arch of the foot.
Endoscopic Nerve Release surgery is a modern variation of nerve release surgery. It is a minimally invasive procedure in which the surgeon makes two or three small incisions. The incisions are less half an inch long.
An endoscope (camera) is inserted through one incision and a cannula is passed through another. Small instruments are passed through the cannula to stretch the ligament and free the nerve. Experts recommend open surgery over endoscopic surgery because:
- Endoscopic surgery may damage adjoining tissue and muscles
- It increases the risk of complications
Read about common nerve release procedures: Ulnar Nerve Release Surgery , Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery
Where can you get Effective Nerve Release Treatments?
You can schedule an Open or Endoscopic Nerve Release Surgeries at Complete Medical Wellness (CMW) in New Jersey. CMW is a state-of-the-art medical facility with a highly ranked orthopedic department.
Led by Board-certified orthopedic surgeons, our orthopedic department will provide you reliable treatments and empathetic customer care.
Don’t let the pain hold you back from life! Let CMW help you on your road to recovery.