Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Treatments in NJ
What is Carpal tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a medical condition that causes pain, numbness, and a tingling sensation among other symptoms in the hand and arm. The primary reason for Carpal tunnel syndrome is a distressed median nerve – the median nerve runs from the forearm to the fingers through the carpal tunnel.
The carpal tunnel can swell and narrow down due to the anatomy of a person’s wrist, existing medical conditions, and even pregnancy. The swelling of the median nerve narrows the tunnel and puts pressure on the median nerve.
What Are the Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms manifest gradually. They normally start with a tingling and numbing sensation in the palm and progress to loss of feeling in the fingers and a lack of coordination. Common Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms are:
- A tingling and numbing sensation in your hand, which comes and goes. Your finger may ‘fall asleep’ more often than usual, especially in the evening or while you are asleep. A tingling sensation which runs from fingers to the shoulder when you wake up in the morning.
In case the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome has progressed to a critical stage, symptoms may include:
- Pain in the hand and arm Frequent muscle cramps Slower nerve impulses A loss of feeling in the fingers Inability to grip things properly A loss of coordination when utilizing basic hand functions
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can cause permanent damage to the median nerve and the arm muscles. You should consult an expert doctor when you start experiencing the initial onset symptoms.
What is the best Carpal tunnel Syndrome Treatment?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be cured through non-invasive and invasive procedures.
Non-Invasive Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Treatment
If the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome has been diagnosed at an early stage, then non-invasive treatments may cure it before it progresses. Non-surgical treatments include:
- Rest your hands frequently Don’t lift heavy objects or engage in strenuous activity Apply ice packs as directed by your physician Use wrist splints prescribed by your doctor Take Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) on the advice of your doctor Get doctor prescribed Corticosteroids (steroids) injections to improve inflammation. Steroid injections are a short-term cure and may need to be repeated.
Invasive Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Treatment
If the symptoms continue to worsen or if the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome has been diagnosed at a critical stage, a surgical option is more appropriate. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome surgery can be performed by two methods:
- Open Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Surgery
- Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Surgery
In Open Carpal Tunnel Syndrome surgery, the surgeon makes an incision on the palm of your hand under local anesthesia. The surgeon slices through the ligament to reach the carpal tunnel and widen the tunnel to free the median nerve. The wound is sutured closed.
In Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Syndrome surgery, the surgeon makes smaller incisions on the wrist and hand under local anesthesia. An endoscope (camera) is inserted through one incision, it projects images from inside the carpal tunnel to guide the surgeon. Tools and instruments are inserted through the other incision to free the median nerve.
Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Syndrome surgery is more effective than open Carpal Tunnel Syndrome surgery because:
- The incision is smaller, about the size of a fingernail The wound is small, so it heals in less time It is less painful Recovery is easier
Where Can you get Effective Carpal Tunnel Syndrome treatment NJ?
If you are searching for effective Carpal Tunnel Syndrome treatment in NJ, then look no further than Complete Medical Wellness Center (CMW).
CMW is a medical facility located in New Jersey which is acknowledged for its premium services and empathetic patient care. Our orthopedic department is equipped with state-of-the-art technology which enables our board-certified surgeons to perform sophisticated surgeries with ease.
We are proud to boast a 90% success rate in all our surgical procedures. We will provide you:
- A modern, comfortable medical facility.
- Attentive staff Board-certified orthopedic surgeons.
- A wide range of proven orthopedic treatments.
- Diligent post-op care.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can cause permanent damage. Don’t be afraid of surgery, let us take care of you.