Board Certified Neurosurgeon Dr.John Shiau
Dr. John Shiau is a specially trained Board-certified Neurosurgeon. He is well recognized and respected nationally for his participation & contributions towards the advancement of minimally invasive spine surgery.
He has educated and trained thousands of spine surgeons in minimally invasive spinal treatments and reconstruction. He has helped design access instruments, including spinal implants, cages, and screws for minimally invasive spinal procedures. His ever-growing reputation & expertise have earned him consideration as a leader in his field.
Dr. Shiau’s mission is to provide the highest quality medical care for patients with Neurosurgical and Spine trauma. His compassionate surgical and non-surgical techniques offer minimal disruption of healthy tissue in problems with the spine, the brain, the nervous system, and the peripheral nerves.
His fellowship in Germany focused on the belief that a “keyhole” sized entry is all that is needed to access a patient’s spine and brain. Dr. Shiau embodies the characteristics necessary to have helped lead the way in the minimally invasive spinal cord revolution. All while humbly practicing in the best interest of his patients.
- University of Michigan (B.S., 1986)
- University of Michigan (M.D., 1990)
- Mount Sinai Medical Center (Internship & Residency 1997).
- Johannes Gutenberg University Hospital (Fellowship 1997).
- Diplomat, Board Certified: American Board of Neurological Surgery (2004).
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (2005).
- AANS (American Association of Neurological Surgeons)
- CNS (Congress of Neurological Surgeons)
- SMISS (Society for Advancement of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery)
- ISASS (International Society for Advancement of Spine Surgery)
- NASS (North American Spine Society)
- Diplomat, Board Certified: American Board of Neurological Surgery (2004)