DR. NIRAV S. PATEL
Dr. Nirav S Patel is a vein vascular surgeon in New York. He is board-certified and Chief of the vascular surgery department at St. John’s Riverside Hospital. With an average of 20+ years’ experience in vein care, general surgery, and vascular surgery. His knowledge and reputation have earned him to be considered as a professor of surgery in his field.
Dr. Nirav S Patel is a board-certified Vein Vascular Surgeon well-known for his expertise in vascular surgery with over 20+ years of experience and contribution to vein care, vascular, and general surgery. As a Chief of the vascular surgery department at St. John’s Riverside Hospital, he has handled the most complex cases of patients suffering from varicose veins, spider veins, and peripheral arterial disease.
As a highly qualified vein vascular surgeon, Dr. Patel’s goal is to deliver the most effective, reliable, and best quality medical treatment for patients suffering from vein vascular conditions. He offers minimally invasive treatments with a professional specialization in non-surgical and surgical vascular procedures. Being a vascular expert, Dr. Nirav S Patel has successfully trained thousands of surgeons in minimally invasive vein vascular treatments and wound healing cases, maintaining the patient’s overall vascular health and achieving excellent results by utilizing the latest technologies.
With a highly knowledgeable and reputable personality, Dr. Nirav S Patel is admired and respected for the trust and loyalty earned after assisting his patients with an accurate diagnosis and best possible treatment.
Education & Training
- New York College of Osteopathic Medicine Old Westbury, NY August 1998 – June 2002.
- Hofstra University, College of Arts and Science, Hempstead, N.Y. August 1994 – May 1998 B.A. in Biology with Honors; Minors: Chemistry and Psychology.
- Board Certified in Vascular Surgery
- Board Certified in General Surgery
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI)
- Certified in Hyperbaric Medicine
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Vascular Surgery Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, Program Director: Enrico Ascher MD 2007-2009.
- General Surgery Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, Affiliate of Weill Medical College of Cornell University, June 2002 – June 2007.
- Internship Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY Affiliate of Weill Medical College of Cornell University June 2002 – 2003.
Specialized Surgical Training
- Gastric and Mixed Tumors Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY September 2005 Trained under Dr. Daniel Coit.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Weill Cornell, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY August 2005 Trained under Dr. Leonard N. Girardi.
- Trauma Surgery (Chief) Lincoln Medical Center, Bronx, NY, July 2005.
- Hepatobiliary Surgery Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY April 2005 Trained under Dr. Leslie Blumgart and Dr. Ronald DeMatteo.
- Colorectal Surgery Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY March 2005Trained under Dr. Philip Paty and Dr. Jose Guillem.
- Breast Surgery Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY November 2004 Trained under Dr. Patrick Borgen and Dr. Kimberly Van Zee.
- Burn / ICU Weill Cornell, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY March 2004 Trained under Dr. Roger Yurt and Dr. Palmer Bessy.
- St. John’s Riverside Hospital – Chief – Division of Vascular Surgery
- Medical Director for the Center for Vascular Disease and Wound Healing.
- St. Joseph’s Medical Center – Vascular Surgery Sessions
- Adjunct Clinical Professor – Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Society of Vascular Surgery – 2008 – present.
- American Osteopathic Association – 1998 – present.
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons – 2002 – present.
- New York State Osteopathic Medical Society – 2005 – present.
Request an appointment
Most treatments covered by all major medical insurances, including Medicare First name
When you connect with our representative, they will collect and verify your insurance to make sure you are covered. Our representative will schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
One Click Towards Healthy Life