Dr. Nirav S Patel is a vein vascular surgeon in New York. He is board-certified and Chief of the vascular surgery department at St. John’s Riverside Hospital. With an average of 20+ years’ experience in vein care, general surgery, and vascular surgery. He has handled the most complexed varicose vein, spider veins, and peripheral arterial disease.
Dr. Patel’s goal is to provide the best quality medical treatment for patients suffering from vein vascular conditions. His non-surgical and surgical vascular procedures offer minimal disruption of the veins. He has trained thousands of surgeons in minimally invasive vein vascular treatments and wound healing cases, maintaining vascular health and achieving amazing results.
His knowledge and reputation have earned him to be considered as a professor of surgery in his field. Dr. Patel MD is keen on assisting his patients with diagnosis and treatments for vein varicose.
Education & Training
- New York College of Osteopathic Medicine Old Westbury, NY August 1998 – June 2002
- Hofstra University, College of Arts and Science, Hempstead, N.Y. August 1994 – May 1998 B.A. in Biology with Honors; Minors: Chemistry and Psychology
- Board Certified in Vascular Surgery
- Board Certified in General Surgery
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI)
- Certified in Hyperbaric Medicine – 10/11 – to present
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Vascular Surgery Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY Program Director: Enrico Ascher MD 2007-2009
- General Surgery Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY Affiliate of Weill Medical College of Cornell University June 2002 – June 2007
- Internship Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY Affiliate of Weill Medical College of Cornell University June 2002 – 2003
Specialized Surgical Training
- Gastric and Mixed Tumors Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY September 2005 Trained under Dr. Daniel Coit
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Weill Cornell, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY August 2005 Trained under Dr. Leonard N. Girardi
- Trauma Surgery (Chief) Lincoln Medical Center, Bronx, NY July 2005
- Hepatobiliary Surgery Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY April 2005 Trained under Dr. Leslie Blumgart and Dr. Ronald DeMatteo
- Colorectal Surgery Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY March 2005Trained under Dr. Philip Paty and Dr. Jose Guillem
- Breast Surgery Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY November 2004 Trained under Dr. Patrick Borgen and Dr. Kimberly Van Zee
- Burn / ICU Weill Cornell, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY March 2004 Trained under Dr. Roger Yurt and Dr. Palmer Bessy
- St. Johns Riverside Hospital – Chief – Division of Vascular Surgery – May 2015.Medical Director for Center of Vascular Disease and Wound Healing
- St. Joseph’s Medical Center – Vascular Surgery Attending – 2009 to present.
- Adjunct Clinical Professor – Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine – Preceptor To medical students. – 2013 to present
- Society of Vascular Surgery – 2008 to Present
- American Osteopathic Association – 1998 to Present
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons – 2002 to Present
- New York State Osteopathic Medical Society – 2005 to Present