DR. PAUL S. RAGUSA
Dr. Paul S Ragusa is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in shoulder and elbow reconstruction and sports medicine. Dr. Ragusa was trained in the most advanced orthopedic surgical techniques. His passion and focus are on tissue conservation, anatomic restoration and healing, and minimally invasive orthopedic surgery.
Dr. Paul S. Ragusa is one of the most top-ranked and highly-skilled Orthopedic Surgeons in New York. He did his specialization in shoulder and elbow reconstruction with fellowship training in orthopedic surgical techniques. As a highly qualified Orthopedic Surgeon, his area of expertise and focus mainly revolved around minimally invasive orthopedic procedures and innovative approaches to surgical treatments of shoulder and elbow deformity, trauma, sports injuries, and degenerative conditions.
Dr. Ragusa graduated from Manhattan College in Riverdale, New York, and later on completed his medical education from the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. Being a highly devoted student, he got elected in the National Osteopathic Scholastic Honor Society.
As an orthopedic expert, he has treated many patients, specifically athletes suffering from sports injuries, and delivered the most suitable and reliable orthopedic treatments that involved tissue conservation, minimally invasive orthopedic surgical procedures, and anatomic restoration and healing.
As a renowned medical practitioner, Dr. Paul S. Ragusa’s main aim is to ensure overall patient-care with the most effective and managed orthopedic treatments through surgical and non-surgical interventions.
Education & Training
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (Baltimore, Maryland)
- Orthopedic Surgery Shoulder and Elbow Surgery Fellowship
- Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine (Plainview, New York)
- ACGME/AOA Accredited Orthopedic Surgery Residency
- Newyork College of Osteopathic Medicine (Old Westbury, New York)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Manhattan College (Riverdale, New York)
- Bachelor of Science, Summa Cum Laude
- Sigma Sigma Phi, Honorary Osteopathic Community Service Fraternity
- Psi Sigma Alpha, National Osteopathic Scholastic Honor Society
- Epsilon Sigma Pi, Scholastic Honor Society at Manhattan College
- Phi Epsilon Kappa, National Health Science Honor Society
- Gamma Sigma Epsilon, National Chemistry Honor Society
- John S. Sich Medal for Outstanding Senior in the Dept. of Human Performance
- Ragusa P, Hill R. The elastic fiber system’s role in the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis and knee joint laxity. Anatomical Science International. 2011;86(4):219-24.
- Ragusa P, Bitterman A, Auerbach B, Healy W. The effectiveness of surgical safety checklists in preventing wrong-site surgery and improving patient safety: a review of the literature and our institution’s approach. Orthopedics. 2016 Mar-Apr;39(2):e307-10.
- Ragusa P, Sorrentino G, Marino J, Scuderi G. Regional distribution of the saphenous nerve below the adductor canal: an anatomical study. 2018. J. Anesth. Pain, Med. 3(1).
- Ragusa P, Vadhera A, Jang J, Ali I, McFarland G, Srikumaran U. Incidence, treatment, and periprosthetic humeral shaft outcomes fractures after reverse total shoulder arthroplasty. 2018.
Request an appointment
Most treatments covered by all major medical insurances, including Medicare First name
When you connect with our representative, they will collect and verify your insurance to make sure you are covered. Our representative will schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
One Click Towards Healthy Life