Dr. Paul S. Ragusa Highly Endorsed Orthopedic Doctor at CMW
Dr. Paul S Ragusa is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in shoulder and elbow reconstruction and sports medicine. He graduated summa cum laude from Manhattan College in Riverdale, NY. Additionally, he completed his medical education at the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. There he was elected to the National Osteopathic Scholastic Honor Society.
He completed his orthopedic residency training at Hofstra Northwell Medical School in Long Island, NY. He pursued advanced education and training in shoulder and elbow surgery at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
Dr. Ragusa was trained in the most advanced orthopedic surgical techniques. Including minimally invasive procedures and innovative approaches to surgical treatments of shoulder and elbow deformity, trauma, sports injuries, and degenerative conditions. He treats athletes and individuals needing orthopedic treatments. His passion and focus are on tissue conservation, anatomic restoration and healing, and minimally invasive orthopedic surgery.
All of the patients that Dr. Ragusa treats first undergo a thorough evaluation, and managed care through non-operative interventions. Such as physical therapy, cortisone injections, and pain management. For the patients that do require surgery, Dr. Ragusa gives sound medical advice and if needed performs a full spectrum of surgical procedures that range from arthroscopic surgery to complex revision arthroplasty reconstructions.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Baltimore, Maryland)
- Orthopedic Surgery Shoulder and Elbow Surgery Fellowship
- HOFSTRA NORTHWELL SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Plainview, New York)
- ACGME/AOA Accredited Orthopedic Surgery Residency
- NEW YORK COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE (Old Westbury, New York)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, with Honors
- MANHATTAN COLLEGE (Riverdale, New York)
- Bachelor of Science, Summa Cum Laude
- Sigma Sigma Phi, Honorary Osteopathic Community Service Fraternity
- Psi Sigma Alpha, National Osteopathic Scholastic Honor Society
- Epsilon Sigma Pi, Scholastic Honor Society at Manhattan College
- Phi Epsilon Kappa, National Health Science Honor Society
- Gamma Sigma Epsilon, National Chemistry Honor Society
- John S. Sich Medal for Outstanding Senior in the Dept. of Human Performance
- Ragusa P, Hill R. The role of the elastic fiber system in the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis and knee joint laxity. Anatomical Science International. 2011;86(4):219-24.
- Ragusa P, Bitterman A, Auerbach B, Healy W. The effectiveness of surgical safety checklists in preventing wrong-site surgery and improving patient safety: a review of the literature and our institution’s approach. Orthopedics. 2016 Mar-Apr;39(2):e307-10.
- Ragusa P, Sorrentino G, Marino J, Scuderi G. Regional distribution of the saphenous nerve below the adductor canal: an anatomical study. 2018. J Anesth Pain Med. 3(1)
- Ragusa P, Vadhera A, Jang J, Ali I, McFarland G, Srikumaran U. Incidence, treatment, and outcomes of periprosthetic humeral shaft fractures after reverse total shoulder arthroplasty. 2018. [Submitted for Publication]
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics