Dr. Sean Thompson M.D.
Dr. Sean Thompson M.D is a fellowship-trained and licensed orthopedic surgery specialist renowned for his advanced orthopedic surgical techniques. He possesses a strong educational background in the field of orthopedic surgery.
Dr. Sean Thompson is a fellowship-trained and licensed orthopedic surgery specialist renowned for his advanced orthopedic surgical techniques. He possesses a strong educational background in the field of orthopedic surgery. As a specialized orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Sean Thompson M.D handles the most complex cases of people suffering from a sudden or traumatic accident, sports injuries, and musculoskeletal disorders. He has years of experience performing advanced orthopedic surgical procedures, including knee replacement, hip arthroscopy, minimally invasive total hip replacement, and ACL reconstruction. His treatment is focused on treating injuries that affect the overall functioning of the musculoskeletal system.
Dr. Thompson received his medical degree from Saint Louis University School of Medicine. With an excellent educational background, Dr. Sean Thompson M.D earned his Adult Reconstruction Fellowship Training from New York University in 2010. As a top-ranked orthopedic surgeon, he ensures delivering the best-in-class treatment to his patients suffering from a chronic degenerative disease or trauma due to an accident or a sports injury.
Dr. Sean Thompson serves his community people to lead better lives with a patient-centric approach even after gaining immense consideration in his field. He is recognized both nationally and internationally as a top-ranked orthopedic surgeon. As a leading orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Thompson utilizes the latest cutting-edge techniques to provide rapid relief from pain and ensures improved mobility.
Education & Training
- Adult Reconstruction Fellowship
2009-2010 New York University – The Hospital for Joint Diseases, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
2005-2009 State University Of New York Stony Brook
- Surgical Internship
2004-2005 University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
- Medical School
2000-2004 MD, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO
- Post Baccalaureate
1998-1999 Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO
1990-1995 BA in Sociology, the University of California, Los Angeles, CA
- Mount Sinai Hospital – Queens – June 2018 – Present.
- Englewood Medical Center – Sep 2016 – Present.
- Northshore LIJ – Forest Hills – June 2012 – Present.
- Lenox Hill Hospital – July 2012 – Present.
- Manhattan Veterans Affairs Hospital – New York – Sep 2010 – June 2012.
- Bellevue Hospital Center – New York – Sep 2010 – June 2012.
- Flushing Hospital Medical Center – Flushing, NY – Sep 2011 – June 2012.
- Nassau University Medical Center – Hempstead, NY – Dec 2009 – Sep 2010.
- Chief of Adult Reconstruction, North Shore LIJ-Forest Hills – June 2012 – Present.
- Assistant Professor, NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases Langone, Medical Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery – Sep 2010 – June 2012.
- 2012 – Present 175-61 Hillside Avenue Ste 400 Jamaica Estates, NY
- 2015 – Present 1045 Park Avenue Manhattan, NY
- 2017 – Present 25 Rockwood Place #335, Englewood, NJ 07083
- 2012 – In coordination with Stryker; Total joint replacements for underserved communities abroad. Cornwall Hospital Montego Bay Jamaica.
- 2020 – Health Education Relief Organization Volunteer surgeon in Georgetown, Guyana, for patients in need.
Honors & Awards
- 2003 – National Medical Foundation Metropolitan Life Scholar.
- 2001-2004 – Campbell Scholarship Saint Louis University.
- 2000 – National Medical Foundation – Henry G. Halladay Award Scholar.
- 1994 – UCLA University Research Stipend Recipient.
- 1992 – Outstanding Community Service Award – Rebuild Los Angeles Project.
- Apr 2004- Sep 2014 – Military Lieutenant Commander Medical Officer U.S. Navy Reserve.
- Sep 2001- June 2002 – Science Teacher, Saint Louis University Upward Bound Program.
- Jul 1997- Jul 1998 – Full-Time Magnet Teacher, Los Angeles Unified School District Magnet Program.
- April 1996 – June 1997 – Physical Therapy Assistant, Olympic Therapies, Beverly Hills, CA.
- Jan 1996 – June 1996 – Chart Abstractor, UCLA Division of Geriatrics and Gerontology.
- Jul 1991- Apr 1995 – Physical Therapy Assistant, West Coast Spine Institute.
Request an appointment
Most treatments covered by all major medical insurances, including Medicare First name
When you connect with our representative, they will collect and verify your insurance to make sure you are covered. Our representative will schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
One Click Towards Healthy Life