DR. VISHAL A MEHTA
Dr. Vishal Mehta is a sports medicine fellowship-trained board-certified orthopedic surgeon. He received his medical degree at Northwell Hofstra University Hospital in Plainview, New York. His specific physician specialty is in sports medicine, robotic surgery, orthopedic surgery, and arthroscopy of the hip, shoulder, and knee. He is considered as one of the most reputable and expert orthopedic surgeons and is a published author of orthopedic articles.
Dr. Vishal Mehta is a fellowship-trained Orthopedic Surgeon well-reputed for his sports medicine, robotic, orthopedic, and arthroscopic surgery expertise. As a highly qualified and board-certified orthopedic surgeon, his focus of practice and major specialty is sports medicine.
With an excellent educational background, Dr. Mehta received his medical degree from Northwell Hofstra University Hospital (Plainview, New York). Later on, he earned an advanced fellowship training in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy from MedStar Union Memorial Medical Center (Baltimore, Maryland). Mehta participated as a healthcare team member for NFL Baltimore Ravens, and Towson University Division 1 College Football. He also participated in team coverage for Loyola College and local high school football with a sportsmanship spirit. As a head team physician, Mehta also assisted orthopedic residents and medical students at Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C. Dr. Mehta’s aim is to deliver its patients suffering from any sports injury with the most effective, reliable, and best possible orthopedic treatment through his diverse knowledge and patient-centric approach.
Education & Training
- Medstar Union Memorial Hospital (Aug 2017 – July 2018) Orthopedic Surgery Sports Medicine Fellowship in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine (July 2012 – June 2017) ACGME Accredited Orthopedic Surgery Residency Plainview, New York.
- College of Osteopathic Medicine(July 2008 – June 2012) Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Old Westbury, New York.
- New York Institute of Technology (Aug 2005 – June 2008) Bachelor of Life Sciences, Magna Cum Laude 7-year Accelerated Medical Program Old Westbury, New York.
- St. John’s Riverside Hospital – Andrus Pavilion – Medical Staff Sept 2018 – Ongoing.
- St. John’s Riverside Hospital – Dobbs Ferry – Medical Staff Sept 2018 – Ongoing.
- St. Joseph’s Medical Center – Clinical Assistant Attending Aug 2018 – Ongoing.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- New Jersey State Medical License
- New York State Medical License
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- New York State Osteopathic Medical Society
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
MEDICAL TEAM COVERAGE / VOLUNTEER SERVICE
- Sacred Heart High School Team Physician (Sept 2018 – present).
- Washington Wizards – NBA Game Coverage (Aug 2017 – Mar 2018).
- Baltimore Ravens – NFL Game Coverage (Aug 2017 – Mar 2018).
- Towson University – College Football Division I Team Physician (Aug 2017 – Mar 2018).
- New York Lizards, Major League Lacrosse (June 2015 – June 2017).
- North Shore/New Hyde Park School District, JV/Varsity Football (Sept 2015 – Nov 2017).
- USMMA Athletic Team Physical Exams / Wrestling Team Coverage (May 2014 – June 2016).
- Nanavati Hospital (Mumbai, India) Surgical skills and didactics (July 2012 – Ongoing).
- Triple Certification – Hip/Knee/Uni Arthroplasty Course (Jan 2018).
- Stryker Hip Arthroscopy Course for Fellows (July 2018).
- AOSSM Orthopedic Sports Medicine Fellows Course (July 2017).
- MIPO Nailing Course – Stryker, Orlando, FL (Apr 2017).
- Glenoid Exposure and Reverse Total Shoulder Course, New York, NY (Nov 2015).
- Exactech Shoulder Fellows Course, New York, NY (Sept 2015).
- AAOS Fundamentals of Hip and Knee Arthroplasty, Baltimore, MD (June 2015).
- AAOS Fundamentals of Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopy, Rosemont, IL (Sept 2014).
- Student Government Association, 2nd Vice President – Admin. NYCOM (June 2010-June, 2011).
- Chairperson Student Affairs Committee – NYCOM (June 2010-June 2011).
- Editor and Chief NYCOM Pulse student newspaper (June 2010-June 2011).
ACADEMIC AWARDS / RESEARCH
- Chief Orthopaedic Resident, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program (July 2016 – June 2017).
- Northwell Health System President’s Award – Teamwork Category (June 2015).
- Abstract Accepted: Mehta, V. The Effect of Weight-Bearing versus Supine A/P Pelvis Radiographs when considering Hip surgery in an Active Adult Patient.
- Abstract Accepted: Bodendorfer, B., Mehta, V. Use of Regional Anesthesia in Hip Arthroscopy.
- Abstract Accepted: Zade, R., Mehta, V. Dreese, J. Biomechanical Effects of Nonanatomic Repair Of The Posterior Root Of The Lateral Meniscus.
- Gurtowski J, Bitterman A, Karim F, Mehta, V. Multidisciplinary Approach to Reduce Blood Utilization with the use of Tranexamic Acid in Orthopedic Procedures at Huntington Hospital.
- Mehta V, Lee F, Patel M, and Katsigiorgis G. Case Report: Bilateral Anterior Glenohumeral Dislocations. Austin Orthop. 2016 1(1): 1001.
- Saghyan, A., LaTorre, G. N., Keesey, R., Sharma, A., Mehta, V., Rudenko, V., Hallas, B. H., Rafiuddin, A., Goldstein, B. and Friedman, L. K. (2010), Glutamatergic and morphological alterations associated with early life seizure-induced preconditioning in young rats. European Journal of Neuroscience, 32: 1897–1911. DOI: 10.1111/j.1460-9568.2010.07464.x.
Request an appointment
Most treatments covered by all major medical insurances, including Medicare First name
When you connect with our representative, they will collect and verify your insurance to make sure you are covered. Our representative will schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
One Click Towards Healthy Life