Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease
Lumbar degenerative disc disease in the lumbar spine, or lower back, refers to a disease in which aging and wear and tear on a spinal disc cause pain in the lower back.
Symptoms of Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease
These are the most common symptoms of lumbar degenerative disc disease:
- Muscle spasms.
- Stiffness in the back.
- Tingling and numbness in the legs.
- Severe pain while bending and twisting.
- Spinal instability.
- Soreness while holding heavy objects.
- Decreased pain while resting.
Treatments of Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease
Some of the major and effective treatment options in order to get rid of lumbar degenerative disc disease include:
- Pain Relief Medications.
- Physical Therapy.
- Facet Rhizotomy.
- Spinal fusion.
- Laser Surgery.
- Physical therapy.
- Lumbar Laminectomy Surgery for Spinal Stenosis.
Need help finding a doctor who gives you the best neuro spine care in New Jersey? Call us now and schedule your appointment today.
Can You Become Paralyzed From Degenerative Disc Disease?
- If the condition gets severe and nerve roots start damaging, then ultimately, the process of disc herniation is initiated.
- In such cases, there is a higher risk of you getting paralyzed.
Can You Live a Normal Life With Degenerative Disc Disease?
- We recommend you to not give up in case you are diagnosed with degenerative disc disease.
- You can relieve your pain by adopting a healthy lifestyle and going through the treatment recommended by your neuro-spine specialist.
Does Walking Help Degenerative Disc Disease?
- You can walk and do moderate stretching exercises to achieve balanced movement.
- Avoid high impact activities as they may increase the damage.