Foot pain can be caused by different problems and diseases either of the foot or anywhere else. Foot pain can be categorized into various paradigms and can cause problems in daily routine.
Causes of Foot Pain
Here is a list of some common problems that may cause foot pain:
- Achilles tendinitis.
- Achilles tendon rupture.
- Bone spurs.
- Broken foot.
- Broken toe.
- Corns and calluses.
- Diabetic neuropathy (nerve damage caused by diabetes).
- Flat Feet.
- Gout (arthritis related to excess uric acid).
- Haglund’s deformity.
- Hammertoe and mallet toe.
- High heels or poorly fitting shoes.
- Ingrown toenails.
- Morton’s neuroma.
- Osteoarthritis (disease-causing the breakdown of joints).
- Osteomyelitis (a bone infection).
- Peripheral neuropathy.
- Plantar fasciitis.
- Plantar warts.
- Rheumatoid arthritis (inflammatory joint disease).
- Stress fractures.
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome.
Foot Pain Diagnosis
Correct and proper diagnosis and evaluation of foot pain are monumental in planning treatment. A decent general guideline is to compare the injured side to the uninjured side.
In foot pain diagnosis, grades are divided into four categories:
- Pain during physical activity.
- Pain before and after physical activity that may not affect the performance.
- Pain before, during, and after physical activity that may affect performance.
- Pain that has become unbearable and performance is impossible.
Foot Pain Treatments
Once the problem causing pain is identified, the specialist may opt for the best treatment modality that would suit you best, and offer a speedy recovery. If conservative treatments do not succeed in diminishing the problem, medical care is recommended. There are several medical treatments, including minimally invasive surgical procedures.
If you are experiencing foot pain and cannot subside it on your own, don’t waste any further time and contact us today to get the best treatment you deserve.
How to Relieve Foot Pain?
- Using the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) method along with Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs help relieve foot pain.
- Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medications for foot pain.
What Causes Pain in the Heel of the Foot?
- Heel pain is usually caused by plantar fasciitis, a condition that is sometimes called heel spur syndrome when a spur is present.
- Other causes of heel pain may include bursitis, tendonitis, fracture, or tumor.
How to Stop Foot Pain?
- Utilization of conservative methods can help in reducing inflammation.
- Your specialist may recommend rest, compression or elevation techniques to minimize the effect of foot pain.
How to Relieve Foot Pain From Standing All Day?
- If you experience pain in your feet after standing all day, it is probably because of an underlying condition that needs to be addressed.
- Your doctor may prescribe pain medications to relieve foot pain.