It can be caused by different problems and diseases either of the foot or anywhere else. It can be categorized into various paradigms and can cause problems in daily routine.
Causes of Foot Pain
Some of the most common symptoms associated with foot pain may include:
- Achilles tendinitis.
- Achilles tendon rupture.
- Bone spurs.
- Broken foot.
- Broken toe.
- Corns and calluses.
- Diabetic neuropathy.
- Flat Feet.
- Haglund’s deformity.
- Hammertoe and mallet toe.
- High heels or poorly fitting shoes.
- Ingrown toenails.
- Morton’s neuroma.
- Peripheral neuropathy.
- Plantar fasciitis.
- Plantar warts.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Stress fractures.
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome.
Foot Pain Diagnosis
An accurate diagnosis and evaluation are monumental in planning treatment. A decent general guideline is to compare the injured side to the uninjured side.
In diagnosis, grades are divided into four categories:
- Pain during physical activity.
- Pain before and after physical activity that may not affect the performance.
- Pain before, during, and after physical activity that may affect performance.
- Pain that has become unbearable and performance is impossible.
Foot Pain Treatments
Once the problem causing pain is identified, the specialist may opt for the best treatment modality that would suit you best and offer a speedy recovery. If conservative treatments do not succeed in diminishing the problem, medical care is recommended. There are several medical treatments, including minimally invasive surgical procedures.
Schedule an appointment with one of our expert orthopedic specialists today to get the best treatment you deserve.
How to Relieve Pain in Your Foot?
- Using the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) method along with NSAIDs help relieve pain.
- Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medications for pain in your foot.
What Causes Pain in the Heel of the Foot?
- Heel pain is usually caused by plantar fasciitis, a condition that is sometimes called heel spur syndrome when a spur is present.
- Other causes of heel pain may include bursitis, tendonitis, fracture, or tumor.
How to Stop Foot Pain?
- The utilization of conservative methods can help in reducing inflammation.
- Your specialist may recommend rest, compression, or elevation techniques to minimize the effect of pain.
How to Relieve Foot Pain From Standing All Day?
- If you are experiencing pain in your feet after standing all day, it is probably because of an underlying condition that needs to be addressed.
- Your doctor may prescribe pain medications to relieve pain.